Ever since I moved in to this house, I have been in a never-ending hunt for ways to clean my tub.
If I remember correctly, scrubbing the tub (and the entire main bathroom, for that matter) was one of the first things I did the day I got the keys to the place. That and eradicating a trail of ants from the kitchen counter from a sticky sweet mess left behind, as well as a load of laundry for a proud first-time owner of a laundry centre.
But for some reason, no matter how much I scrubbed with my trusty scouring powder with bleach, there were patches of darker shades of beige throughout that didn’t seem to want to come off. Technically, I knew it was clean, but it looked stained.
I don’t know much about the previous owners and occupants, but for a fifteen-year-old house, there were some signs of premature aging. There were some pieces in the house showing more wear and tear than my first apartment that was twice that age, including chips in the enamel of a sink, knife marks on the kitchen counter and some carpeting that absorbed the fallout of a kitty cat with an unfortunate bladder issue.
In the months that followed, whenever I had a few minutes, I was back at the tub, trying to clean it with the same tenacity as the Coyote trying to catch the Road Runner. I tried every product on the market and had to hold myself back from using anything deliberately abrasive, in my frustration for the stains that would not come out. Continue reading
10. You have more paint chips in your wallet than you do family pictures
9. You genuinely worry about losing garbage cans and recycling bins on windy days
8. Moments of deep serenity are attained, not by fountains and a zen garden, but with free-flowing gutters
7. Even though you might not have any home renovations planned, you still will brave the crowds on a Saturday afternoon to attend a “Home and Renovations” show
6. Even though you might not have any home renovations planned, you buy tools in case you do
5. Your vacations are no longer planned at the travel agency, they are planned at Home Depot or Lowe’s
4. You stop noticing the game show models and pay more attention to the appliances they are showing
3. Flashing, soffits and fascia are regular words in your vocabulary
2. You binge watch HGTV
1. Your social calendar revolves around “garbage night”
Did you enjoy this post? If you did, please know that there are plenty more where that came from! If you haven’t already, you can check out the rest of my blog at andrebegin.net. From there, you can click on the “Follow” button to receive future posts directly in your inbox.
Also, don’t be shy, feel free to tell a friend or to share the link.
Sincere thanks for reading!
Have a great day,
Filed under Humour, Top 10